This is a remix of a great companion cube model. The inside is hollowed out and a hole is cut in the top for the stopper. The file for the stopper is available for download on my profile as well.
I printed the inside with supports and removed them through the hole. I didn't test using bridging to print the top of the cube. I printed this on a Prusa i3 MK3.
This was my first project I attempted to finish and used acrylic paints. I should have spent more time sanding it first, layer lines are visible on the finished product. I got a really clean looking paint job by spending more effort in meticulously masking off the parts of the cube I didn't want to be white.
For the trenches of the cube, I tried a technique of watering down the acrylic paint, letting it drip into the channel, and fill it in.
I tried both a matte finish and a glossy finish and I preferred how the glossy finish came out.