Grateful Dead Live at Ventura County Fairgrounds on 1982-07-17
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Bertha-> Greatest Story Ever Told, They Love Each Other, Me & My Uncle-> Big River, Althea-> Little Red Rooster, Tennessee Jed-> Truckin'
Playin' In The Band-> China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider-> Estimated Prophet-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Playin' In The Band-> Around & Around-> One More Saturday Night, E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Greatest Story Ever Told|
|They Love Each Other|
|Me And My Uncle ->|
|Little Red Rooster|
|Tennessee Jed ->|
|Playing In The Band ->|
|China Cat Sunflower ->|
|I Know You Rider ->|
|Estimated Prophet ->|
|The Wheel ->|
|Playing In The Band ->|
|Around And Around ->|
|One More Saturday Night|
|It's All Over Now, Baby Blue|
-- Recorded By Jim Wise
-- Thanks to Jim Wise for lending me his master cassettes
-- Thanks to Joe B. Jones for his help with the pitch correction
- 2009-11-13 15:27:36
- Cassette Master (Nakamichi DR-1/Dolby B) -> Sound Devices 744T (24bit/96k) -> Adobe Audition v1.5 -> Samplitude Professional v10.22 -> FLAC/16
- Ventura, CA
- Run time
- Taped by
- Jim Wise
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller
Subject: swaying palm trees
Subject: bread crumb
Subject: Best Truckin' of the '80s
Aside from the technical issues listed by the reviewer below, this is a great show. This is also the best sounding source to my ears. Good 'ole Charlie Miller/Jim Wise combo.
I rarely listen to a show the whole way through, but for some reason I couldn't stop with this one. The setlist is quite good, and the band is playing with a unique energy. Jerry's voice, most notably, is in fine form this evening. The Baby Blue closer topped this show of nicely. I'm not a big fan of '82, but this one is remarkable. Enjoy.
Subject: There are issues
2. The levels are high, so you get a lot of sound, but Bobby's guitar sounds louder than Jerry's, Brents keys sound louder than Phil's bass.
3. Croud noise isn't bad, but Wind affects the microphones intermittently.
4. There really isn't any transition between Althea and Rooster, after Tenn. Jed they do start playing Truckin' immediately. They jam out the Truckin' pretty good in the middle, it ends a little weird, as if maybe there was a thought to transition into something else perhaps.
5. Show is high energy, but the Estimated is butchered; some nice jamming before drums as a consolation prize.
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on