CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA October 21, 2019 7:00pm
1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Pam Mortenson, Mike Molitor, Shannon Bruce and John Tschumperlin; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, Director of Administration Cassandra Tabor, Public Works Superintendent Gary Peters and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven and City Engineer Alyson Fauske, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) S.E.H. Water Tower update b) 3rd Quarter Financial Update
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual question and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking. 4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from October 7, 2019 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from October 7, 2019 c) Res. No. 135-19 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 136-19 Accept Donation of Trees from Superior Outdoor Expressions e) Res. No. 137-19 Approve Additional Services from Foth CP 04-18 f) Res. No. 138-19 Approve Final Plat known as Casaus Addition g) Res. No. 139-19 Approve Proposed 2020 Legal Rates
5) Public Hearings - None
6) Business Items a) Res. No. 140-19 Approve a Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation Refunding Bonds Series 2019 A, in the Original Aggregate Principal Amount of $1,430,000 b) Res. No. 141-19 Approve Conditional Offer of Employment to Kevin Walsh for the Community Service Officer position 7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Economic Development Authority; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate); Parks Commission (rotating) ii) Pam Mortenson – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee; Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; Westonka Community & Commerce iii) Mike Molitor – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; LMCD iv) Shannon Bruce – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Mound Fire Advisory Committee; St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate) v) John Tschumperlin –Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Economic Development Authority; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed District
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.