CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:00pm
1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Pam Mortenson, Mike Molitor, Shannon Bruce and John Tschumperlin; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, Director of Administration Cassandra Tabor and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven and City Engineer Alyson Fauske, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual question and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from October 15, 2018 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from October 15, 2018 c) Res. No. 144-18 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 145-18 Approve Hennepin County GIS User Agreement e) Res. No. 146-18 Approve CUP Amendment T-Mobile 4700 Merrywood Lane f) Res. No. 147-18 Approve Variance at 5360 Eastview Avenue g) Res. No. 148-18 Approve Step Increase for Mike Bruzek, Public Safety Officer h) Res. No. 149-18 Approve Step Increase for Aaron Rasset, Public Works Maintenance Worker i) Res. No. 150-18 Approve Step Increase for Mike Pawelk, Water Treatment Plant Operator j) Res. No. 151-18 Approve “Not to Waive” Municipal Tort Liability Monetary Limits k) Res. No. 152-18 Approve Plans and Specifications, Authorize Advertisement for Bids, 2018 Inflow and Infiltration Abatement Project (City Project 03-18) l) Res. No. 153-18 Approve Site Plan for Nike Storage m) Res. No. 154-18 Accepting a Monetary Donation from the Rotary to Purchase Investigative Audio Equipment
5) Public Hearings - None 6) Business Items a) Res. No. 155-18 Canvas the November 2018 Election Results b) Res. No. 156-18 Consent to the Land Purchase of 1705 Retreat Circle by Three Rivers District c) Res. No. 142-18 Approve Professional Services Agreement and Authorize Preparation of Feasibility Study for 2019 Street Projects, CP 01-19 d) Res. No. 157-18 Approve Quotes for Restoration at 7515 Halstead Dr., CP 01-16
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator ii) Director of Administration
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Economic Development Authority; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate); Parks Commission (rotating) ii) Pam Mortenson – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee; Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; Westonka Community & Commerce iii) Mike Molitor – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; LMCD i) Shannon Bruce – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Mound Fire Advisory Committee; St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate) ii) John Tschumperlin –Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission(rotating); Economic Development Authority; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed District
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.