1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Pam Mortenson, Mike Molitor, Shannon Bruce and John Tschumperlin; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, Director of Administration Cassandra Tabor and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven and City Engineer Paul Hornby, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) Recognition of former Council Member Patricia Thoele b) Welcome new Public Works Maintenance Worker employee Jack Straus c) 2018 1st Quarter Financial Update
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual question and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from April 16, 2018 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from April 16, 2018 c) Res. No. 71-18 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 72-18 Amend 2018 Appointment and Designations e) Res. No. 73-18 Approve Step Increase for Trevor Barrett, Public Works Maintenance Worker f) Res. No. 74-18 Approve Contract for Fence Installation at Douglas Park g) Res. No. 75-18 Approve Professional Services Agreement for 2018 Sealcoat Improvements, CP 01-18 h) Res. No. 76-18 Approve Professional Services Contract for the Lotus Drive Improvements, CP 04-18
5) Public Hearings a) Renewal of Liquor Licenses for Burl Oaks Golf Club and Westonka Recreational Association i) Approve Liquor Renewal License for Burl Oaks Golf Club ii) Approve Liquor Renewal License for Westonka Recreation Association
6) Business Items a) Ordinance No. 453 Prohibiting Short-Term Rentals i) Res. No. 77-18 Adopt Ordinance 453 by Title and Summary b) CUP & Variance for Solar Panels 7091 Halstead Drive c) Res. No. 78-18 Accept and Approve Local #343 Police Supervisors Union Contract for 2018-2020 d) Res. No. 79-18 Approve Pavement Management Work Plan and Roadway Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for 2018-2022 e) Res. No. 80-18 Approve Professional Services Agreement for I & I Reduction Project, CP 03-18 f) Res. No. 81-18 Approve Professional Services Agreement for the 2018 Municipal State Aid System Traffic Counting
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator ii) Director of Administration
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Economic Development Authority; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate); Parks Commission (rotating) ii) Pam Mortenson – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee; Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; Westonka Community & Commerce iii) Mike Molitor – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; LMCD iv) Shannon Bruce – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Mound Fire Advisory Committee; St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee v) John Tschumperlin –Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission(rotating); Economic Development Authority; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed District
8) Administrator Review – Closed Session pursuant to MN § 13D.05, Subd. 3(a) to evaluate the performance of an individual who is subject to its authority
9) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.