1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Patricia Thoele, Pam Mortenson, Mike Molitor and Shannon Bruce; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, HR/Communications Coordinator Cassandra Tabor and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven and City Engineer Paul Hornby, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) 2016 Financial Audit Presentation i) Receive and Accept 2016 Audit b) Eagle Scout Project Lisle Park i) Res. No. 86-17 Accept Donation of a Landscape Bed at Lisle Park
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual question and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from May 1, 2017 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from May 1, 2017 c) Res. No. 80-17 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 81-17 Approve Purchase of Tax-Forfeited Lands e) Res. No. 82-17 Approve Step Increase for Trevor Barrett, Public Works f) Res. No. 83-17 Approve CUP for accessory building at 4575 Merrywood Lane
5) Public Hearings – None
6) Business Items a) Res. No. 84-17 Approve Plans and Specifications and Authorize Ad for Bids for Halstead Drive Improvement Project, City Project 01-16 b) Res. No. 85-17 Approve Payment of Temporary Easement Agreements for Halstead Drive Improvement Project, City Project 01-16 c) County Road 44 / Lotus Drive Turn Lane Extension discussion
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator ii) HR/Communications Coordinator b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Economic Development Authority; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate); Parks Commission (rotating) ii) Patricia Thoele – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission(rotating); Economic Development Authority iii) Pam Mortenson – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; Westonka Community & Commerce iv) Mike Molitor – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Steering/Comprehensive Plan Committee; St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee v) Shannon Bruce – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Mound Fire Advisory Committee; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed District
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.