1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Patricia Thoele, Mark Vanderlinde, Pam Mortenson, Bob Christians; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven; and City Engineer Paul Hornby, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) Bill Pinegar – Rotary b) Halstead Drive - Update
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual questions and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes from June 6, 2016 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from June 6, 2016 c) Res. No. 114-16 Approve Claims d) Res. No. 115-16 Approve Appointment of Election Judges for the 2016 Primary and General Elections e) Res. No. 116-16 Regarding Certain Lot Combining & Open Space Agreement for South Bay property (Halsted Bay Estates) f) Authorize Approval of 2016 GIS/AMS Statement of Work with WSB g) Res. No. 117-16 Accept Sponsorship money from Trista Day h) Res. No. 118-16 Accept Plans and Specifications and Authorize Ad for Bid Lisle Park Parking Lot i) Res. No. 119-16 Approve Step Increase for Randy Storms j) Res. No. 120-16 Approve four year contract with Hennepin County to continue providing Assessor Services k) Res. No. 121-16 Declaring the Official Intent to Reimburse Certain Expenditures from the Wells 6 and 7 project. 5) Public Hearings a) Res. No. 108-16 Vacate Certain Drainage & Utility Easements at 3265 Eagle Bluff Road (Continued from June 6, 2016 Council Meeting) 6) Business Items a) Res. No. 105-16 Approve Class III Preliminary & Final Plat to Subdivide the lot located at 3265 Eagle Bluff Road into two lots b) Res. No. 122-16 Approve Hiring of additional Public Works employees
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports i) City Administrator ii) City Attorney
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Economic Development Authority; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate); Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate); Parks Commission (rotating) ii) Patricia Thoele – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission(rotating); Economic Development Authority iii) Mark Vanderlinde – Economic Development Authority; St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating) iv) Pam Mortenson – Economic Development Authority; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating); Spirit of the Lakes Festival v) Bob Christians – Economic Development Authority; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (rep); Westonka Community & Commerce; Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission (rotating)
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.