CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA October 19, 2015 7:00pm
1) Call to Order a) Pledge of Allegiance b) Introductions: City Council: Mayor Lisa Whalen, Patricia Thoele, Mark Vanderlinde, Pam Mortenson, Bob Christians; Staff: City Administrator Michael Barone, Community Development Director David Abel, Finance Director Brian Grimm, Director of Public Safety Paul Falls, and City Clerk Kris Linquist. Consultants: City Attorney Ron Batty, Kennedy & Graven; and City Engineer Paul Hornby, WSB Engineering. c) Approval of Agenda
2) Special Presentations a) None
3) Persons to Be Heard The City Council invites residents to share new ideas or concerns related to city business; however, individual questions and remarks are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker. No City Council action will be taken, although the Council may refer issues to staff for follow up or consideration at a future meeting. The mayor may use discretion if speakers are repeating views already expressed or ask for a spokesperson for groups of individuals with similar views. Speakers should state their name and home address at the podium before speaking.
4) Consent Agenda a) Approve Work Session Meeting Minutes and Joint City Council/Planning Commission meeting Minutes from October 5, 2015 b) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes from October 5, 2015 c) Res. No. ___ Approving Claims d) Approve a Hennepin County User Agreement for their Pictometry Software System e) Res. No. ____ Approve “Not to Waive” Municipal Tort Liability monetary limits
5) Public Hearings a) None
6) Business Items a) Res. No. Approve Plans and specifications, Authorize Advertisement for Bids – 2016 Water System Improvement Project (City Project 02-15) b) Res. No.__ Resolution for Extension of Seasonal Employment for T Barrett as PW Maintenance
7) Administrative Items a) Staff Reports
b) Council Reports i) Mayor Lisa Whalen – Personnel Committee; Planning Commission (rotating); Police Communications Committee; Northwest Hennepin League of Municipalities; Minnehaha Creek Watershed District; Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (alternate); Gillespie Center Advisory Council; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (alternate), Economic Development Authority ii) Patricia Thoele – Acting Mayor; Personnel Committee, Planning Commission (rotating); Parks Commission; Economic Development Authority iii) Mark Vanderlinde – Roads Committee (currently on hiatus); Economic Development Authority iv) Pam Mortenson – Planning Commission (rotating); Pioneer-Sarah Creek Watershed Management Commission (liaison); Spirit of the Lakes Festival; Economic Development Authority v) Bob Christians – St. Bonifacius Fire Advisory Committee; Mound Fire Advisory Committee (rep); Westonka Community & Commerce; Economic Development Authority
8) Adjournment The agenda packet with all background material is located at the back table for viewing by the public. Published agenda is subject to change without notice. Information and materials relating to the above items are available for review at city hall by appointment.